Arc, Jaune

Final profiles for characters which are defined by being a Pokémon Trainer. If your character does not definitively belong in one of the forums below, they belong here.
That Bastard

Achievements

Arc, Jaune

Post by That Bastard » February 25th, 2020, 5:34 pm

Ah, great. Where am I supposed to find another nice, quirky girl to talk to? wrote:Name: Jaune Arc
Nickname: Vomit Boy
Birthplace: Camphrier Town, Kalos
Family: Aimeric Arc (Father), Arturia Arc (Mother), Saphron Cotta-Arc (Older Sister), Valerie Arc (Older Sister), Vetiver Arc (Older Sister), Elise Arc (Younger Sister), Eveline Arc (Younger Sister), Emilie Arc (Younger Sister), Estelle Arc (Younger Sister)

Trainer Orientation: Lawful Good
Trainer Class: Student
Starter Pokémon: Spinda
I don't care what you do to me. But you are not messing with my friends. wrote:
Spinda [Male]: Jaune's first and only Pokémon, Spinda is a little bit of a derp, just as Jaune himself is. He was gifted to the only son of the Arc family by his father, and has remained steadfast at Jaune's side ever since. Possessing the same desire to be a hero and save the day as Jaune, Spinda's natural tendency toward clumsiness makes his ability to act on this desire...problematic. He notably does not share Jaune's tendency toward all-out offense in battle, and in fact tries to curb this instinct in his trainer.
Starter Pokémon.

Ability: Tangled Feet
Move Pool: Teeter Dance, Sucker Punch, Dizzy Punch, Psych Up, Hypnosis, Copycat, Uproar, Feint Attack
I'm a natural blond, you know. wrote:Jaune is a tall teenage boy with dark-blue eyes that are emphasized by his messy blonde hair. He is quite toned, having strong muscles in his arms, shoulders and upper chest. His favored outfit is a black hoodie with detached reddish-orange sleeves and an image of the bunny rabbit Pumpkin Pete on the chest. He also wears blue pants with a white patch on the left knee, as well as black sneakers with "left" and "right" written in black on the respective shoes' soles. He has two belts--because having an extra never hurts--crisscrossing his waist, both different shades of brown, with a pair of small pouches on them. He wears brown wrist-length gloves with exposed fingertips and a small metal plate on the back.

Due to the recent state of events in the world, Jaune's father has insisted that he--and his sisters as well--remain armed and equipped for a sudden attack by the Darkness at any time. Therefore, Jaune is equipped with a set of armor that, while technically a hand-me-down, is fitted for him. This armor is a white diamond-shaped chestplate and white spaulders with rerebraces. He can often be seen carrying a sword and shield, with the shield serving double duty as a sheath.

Artwork by Mai (left) and Rooster Teeth (right).

Artwork by Sora (far left, left center, far right) and iesupa (right center).
To the socially awkward. wrote:Jaune is not exactly the most suave individual, though he does try to portray himself as such. He is a kindhearted, amiable person and means well. He maintains his unselfish manner regardless of the situation. A strong sense of integrity makes him willing to deliberately put himself in awkward situations in order to keep his word. According to him, it is part of his family motto of not going back on one's word.

Jaune is an outgoing, goofy, and all around friendly person. He treats people equally and has no problems expressing himself to strangers and bonds with them easily, showing a lot of confidence. However, his confidence can get out of hand and backfire during his pursuit of romance; he has a tendency to try too hard which causes him to be misunderstood. Following his father's advice, Jaune usually comes up with silly schemes and pick-up lines in his attempts to get a girl's attention. Jaune has shown to care for his friends and the people around him, being protective of them and having a sense of responsibility. He focuses only on his friends' well-being to the point of disregarding his own to ensure theirs. He would put himself on the spot if someone were threatening his friends, and he has proven to be unable to do something that may hurt the people he cares about. Jaune has also shown to prioritize other people's feelings above his own, and is even willing to offer advice to help potential romantic rivals if it's for the well-being of the people he cares about.

Because of his family line, Jaune is obsessed with being a hero. However, he was never formally trained like the rest of his family; this causes him to lack self-esteem and assign a lot of importance to his image as a fighter. He values this image so much that he is willing to commit dishonest acts to achieve it. He also does not seem to be very proud of having a weapon given to him, rather than earning or crafting it on his own, referring to his weapon as a simple "hand-me-down" instead of a "family heirloom".

Despite usually being easily intimidated and scared; once the battle starts, Jaune's fears are replaced by his brash attitude; causing him to jump in headfirst without considering the risks. This causes him to be predictable when fighting, foregoing defense in favor of offense. Jaune's will remains strong even when outmatched by his opponents, especially when he is trying to protect someone or aid them in battle. During his fights, despite taking several highly-damaging attacks, Jaune keeps pressing on his opponents, refusing to let their assault intimidate him. This trait persists even during conversations with others, as Jaune never contradicts himself and, while sometimes harsh, is always honest with answers.
My father. My grandfather. And even his father before him were all heroes. I wanted to be one too. I was just never good enough. wrote:Born in the quaint town of Camphrier in the west central portion of Kalos, Jaune is the middle child of the Arc family, and the only son. His family holds a proud tradition of military service dating to the earliest days of recorded Kalosian history, and as such, Jaune considers his veteran relatives to be heroes in every sense of the word, and strives to live up to their fine example.

Life growing up was rather quiet for Jaune, as much as one could consider growing up with three older sisters--and later four younger ones--quiet. He unfortunately found himself at the mercy of his sisters quite often, who enjoyed dressing him up in various outfits when he was younger; there's a photobook in the Arc household that he would love to torch if he were to be left alone with it for five minutes. There is plenty of love amongst the Arc children, however, as everyone would drop what they're doing in an instant to come to the help of the others.

As he came of the age to begin his Pokémon journey, his sister Vivienne, an established and strong Trainer herself, gifted him a Spinda as his starter. She had chosen it both as a joke about Jaune's clumsiness and in seriousness as she felt such an adorable Pokémon matched her adorable little brother. Jaune and his Spinda soon became an inseparable pair, but Jaune felt no burning desire to go out on a journey of his own. That's not to say that he didn't care for and train his Pokémon, as when he entered battle, Jaune and his Spinda made for an unexpectedly-powerful team. This was largely due to the boy's knack for strategy and tactics, something he'd learned quite a bit about from many years of board games with his sisters, and later strategy-based video games on his own.

Growing toward adulthood, he began to consider following in the footsteps of his father and those before him, but was gently discouraged from entering the military by his parents. He was their only son, after all, and they felt the desire to protect him. Though disheartened at this unexpected move on his parents' part, Jaune nevertheless agreed with them, and renewed his focus on strategy and tactics, hoping that one day they might relent and let him enter the military in that capacity, where he would be safer from harm.

Then came the Battle of Indigo City.

There was a new threat in the world, and it was clear that it would not stop until every living thing that called Earth home was destroyed. With a clear and present danger to his sisters, friends, and family, Jaune rose his eyes to the role of protector once more, and this time he would not be denied. His parents were proud of the resolve he showed, and now regretted having never taken the time to give him any sort of training prior to then. They would not send him out unprepared, however. His father gifted him the Arc ancestral blade and shield, Crocea Mors, but didn't inform him of its true nature. He would unlock that knowledge and the power that came with it, they knew, in his own time.

Crossing the sea from Kalos to Unova, Jaune learned of a school teaching combat and readying its students to fight the war against the Darkness. Lacking the means for legitimate entry, he enlisted the aid of Vetiver--a talented computer programmer--to forge transcripts and documentation to allow him to enter Solaris.
I'm tired of being the lovable idiot! Of being stuck in a tree while his friends fight for their lives! If I can't do this on my own, then what good am I? wrote:Regular Abilities______________________________________
└-Skills, professions, knowledge and talents.

Leadership Quality: Though currently dormant, Jaune possesses the charisma necessary to take charge in physical conflict situations and provide direction and guidance to those he's fighting with.

├─Classification: Talent
├─Category: Knowledge, Skill
└─Power Level: Inherent

Strategic Acumen: A side-effect of competing with seven sisters his entire life and having a hobby of tactical and strategic video/board games, Jaune is skilled at concocting strategies on the fly and making the most of the resources and skills of those at hand.

├─Category: Knowledge, Skill
└─Power Level: Inherent

Martial Abilities______________________________________
└-Weapon specializations and fighting styles.

Swordsmanship (Sword and Board): With Crocea Mors as his primary weapon, Jaune's main skill at arms lies in the use of an arming sword along with a heater shield for defense. He is currently (poorly) self-trained.

├─Category: Weapon Proficiency
└─Power Level: Novice

Just hit them with the hammer, Nora. wrote:Weapons_________________________________________________
└-Weapon and munitions.

Crocea Mors: A hereditary sword that has been in the Arc family for hundreds of years. It now rests in Jaune's rather inept hands. Though appearing to be a simple arming sword and heater shield, there is a much greater secret to the weapon: it is, in truth, an Aegislash that has served the Arc family since the Middle Ages. It hides itself as a plain set of weapons using illusions, and Jaune himself is completely unaware that his weapon is really a Pokémon.

Return to “Trainer Characters”